Re: contacting Debian is too easy to get wrong

Le Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:01:06PM +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :

> I've noticed that it is far too easy for folks unfamiliar with Debian
> to contact the wrong addresses for their queries. I expect all of the
> Debian teams with @debian.org aliases have found something similar.
>
> This causes various problems, including:
>
> Wasting the time of both Debian and people contacting us.
>
> Having queries ignored due to busy teams or frustration.
>
> People getting angry at us for redirecting them to user support
> channels, when they should have gone there first.

Hi Paul,

to this list I would like to add that from time to time, some people write to
debian-www@lists.debian.org as instructed by our website's footer, and get
frustrated that their message will stay public and archived until the end of
the Solar system.

ask.debian.net was a good idea, but as of today it looks half broken.  If
a replacement engine is looked for, maybe one can have a look at Biostar
(https://github.com/ialbert/biostar-central).  It does not have many features,
but perhaps that is the feature.

> Is anyone interested in working on this problem?

I am really sorry but I do not have enough time.  But if ask.debian.net is
repaired, I would try to visit it more often.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy