Question about wifi web service with debian

hello my name is William O'Brien

I have been using and researching debian for alittle while now and have been trying to access wifi I have tried several different ways and researched many tutorials and help sections with very little success and was wondering if you might be able to assist me with my problem.

so currently the computer I am trying to gain access with is a dell 1521
with Broadcom 4311

the debian os works fine. however the few ways I have tried don't seem to give me any closer to accessing wifi and may end up re installing the os

but am wondering if theres any expert advice you might be able to give on this subject.
--
William O'Brien