Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers

Tollef Fog Heen writes ("Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers"):
> > Philip Hands writes ("Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers"):
> > I think the maintainer saw the writing on the wall, so I count this as
> > a successful intervention by the TC.  (I hope the new maintainers will
> > prove me right.)  That there wasn't a formal vote is beside the point.
>
> I don't consider this case particularly successful.  Regardless of what
> one thinks of the outcome, the process was subpar and had people sniping
> at each other.  I don't think that's how the process ought to look.

Sorry, I evidently failed to be clear enough.  I agree that the
process was bad.  That means that the part of the outcome which is
`how to people feel now' is not good.

The context of my remarks above is precisely Phil's question:

  I wonder which column on your tally sheet you will put this
  outcome.

I meant just that the TC's power was used to depose an obstructive
maintainer.  So this goes in the `TC did intervene' column of Phil's
supposed tally sheet.

> > I still (perhaps, even more so) believe we need to have a better way
> > of dealing with these kind of disputes.
>
> That I agree with.

We have seen a lot of disagreement here on -project about what shape
such a thing should be.  Do you have any bright ideas ?

Ian.