Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers

]] Ian Jackson

> Philip Hands writes ("Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers"):
> > Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> > > I still don't understand why the TC is so crushingly slow to conter
> > > maintainer power in Debian.  As I say in my other emails, a result of
> > > the TC's inaction, maintainer power in Debian is nearly unassailable.
> >
> > I wonder which column on your tally sheet you will put this outcome.
>
> I think the maintainer saw the writing on the wall, so I count this as
> a successful intervention by the TC.  (I hope the new maintainers will
> prove me right.)  That there wasn't a formal vote is beside the point.

I don't consider this case particularly successful.  Regardless of what
one thinks of the outcome, the process was subpar and had people sniping
at each other.  I don't think that's how the process ought to look.

> I still (perhaps, even more so) believe we need to have a better way
> of dealing with these kind of disputes.

That I agree with.

--
Tollef Fog Heen