Re: Replace the TC power to depose maintainers

Hi,

I'm just commenting on this single issue (and aspect of it…) here+now…

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 07:20:36PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 03:46:05PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > 3. Abolish maintainership entirely.
> This is the obviously right solution.

while I can see where you are coming from and where you want us to go,
(and while I like the direction…) I'm not sure such a move would be
beneficial, because of unintended consequences:

motivation. being able to say "I'm the maintainer of $foo" is a *great*
motivation for many. Taking this away *might* cause a lot more harm that
gain.

--
cheers,
	Holger