Re: third-party packages adding apt sources

Le 19/05/2016 19:20, Hakan Peker a écrit :
> On 05/19/2016 06:18 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>  From a technical perspective, can we do more to prevent users being
>> surprised by packages putting new entries in /etc/apt/sources.list.d?
>>
> Please no. The system is working as intended. I don't think anybody is surprised after installing a 3rd party deb package and seeing it adds its apt repository to the system, actually they would be pleased to know that they won't have to manually update it later. And anybody who is uncomfortable with it would either disable it or not install the deb in the first place.

  Please yes.

  I built some (local) packages to easily install the same sources.list
on several machines, so I agree the feature in useful and interesting.
I named my packages like *-sources and the description is explicit.

  But I've been very suprised when I discovered that the google-earth
package installed a sources.list on my parents' computer after I
downloaded and install an application deb with dpkg.
  And even more when I see that the source is silently reinstalled when
you remove it (no respect of admin modification)

  Would it be possible to have a package that install a trigger and
advertise (debconf/mail/...) when such a change occurs? I would install
it anywhere personally.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA