Re: third-party packages adding apt sources

Le Fri, May 20, 2016 at 07:34:59AM +0200, Vincent Bernat a écrit :

> I am always flabestered by the popularity of fpm to build Debian
> packages (and by the increasing popularity of pleaserun by the same
> author on the same concepts). It provides a way to easily build a Debian
> package from a directory but produces somewhat crippled/incomplete
> packages and is no help to us since it's completely outside of any of
> our tools. It also handles RPM (and now other package formats), but I
> don't think this would explain its popularity alone.

For software using CMake, there are also CPackDeb and CPackRPM.

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/CPackDeb.html

Were I an upstream developer, I would definitely be interested by tools like
this that leverage the build system to build installation packages for various
platforms.

Have a nice week-end,

Charles

--