Re: shutting down httpredir.debian.org?

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016, Raphael Geissert wrote:

> - the main code contributors (Simon and yours truly) have been
> EBUSY/ENOTIME for a while - Simon, please correct me if I'm wrong
 [*]

> What I propose is:
> 1. to fix the recent regressions and perform some maintenance on the
> service in an attempt[1] to reduce the user-visible errors. Before the
> end of April.
> 2. define the next steps towards improving the service - can be done
> in an open way in the mirrors ML. Starting today, with no ending date.
> 3. organise a sprint in order to ensure that time is available to work
> on the service. Perhaps during SunCamp, as people such as weasel also
> appear to be interested in participating - so let's say end of May.

Do you expect [*] to change in the near future?  The current status has
existed for a while, and whishful thinking hasn't helped to improve it.

What is needed here is continuous work be put into improving and
maintaining the service.  A one-off rush won't be sufficient.

[Currently SunCamp already has release move stuff on the list of things
 that need doing.]

Cheers,
--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System