Re: Debian 64bit information on website

On Sat, 2016-03-05 at 12:49 +0100, error.hotmail@brushdesign.com wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> A long time Debian user I still have friends asking me where to find
> a 64bit distro to run on INTEL processors. When pointing out that the
> AMD64 distro is the way to go I always got questions why it is named
> AMD64 vs. i386.
[...]

That's why we generally label them as "64-bit PC" and "32-bit PC" now.
If there are specific places on Debian web sites that use the dpkg
architecture names where they should use user-friendly names (that
would be any page not aimed at developers and experienced Debian
users), please report those to the maintainers for that web site (e.g.
"reportbug www.debian.org").

Ben.
--
Ben Hutchings
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.