Re: questions about audit and budget processes

On 02/03/16 10:09, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I've created links from the audit team's wiki to those pages.
>
> The auditor team doesn't have anything to do with approving use of
> Debian money, that is the DPL's job.

Should that just be a comment next to the link?

My understanding of an auditor is that they are not just responsible for
counting the money, they usually take some interest in tracking the
procedures an organization uses, even if they aren't a decision maker in
those procedures.

The other links you provided give a process for requesting money and a
process for making payment but they don't really say much about what
goes on in between, the decision making process.  e.g. does the DPL add
everything up into a monthly or quarterly budget, or do things just get
approved on an ad-hoc basis?  Even if it is ad-hoc, stating that
somewhere would make the documentation more complete.

Regards,

Daniel