Re: does Debian help detect gravitational waves?

Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> writes:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 02:31:34PM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> There are some problems why Debian is not soo widely used in the science
>> analysis (yet): One is that due to our long freeze many important
>> packages are already outdated when the stable release comes out.
>
> Well, they're using oldoldstable and old^3stable, so it doesn't appears as
> if they rely on newest versions of packaged tools.

It probably varies with the group. I discussed about the inclusion of
the analysis suite, and there the argument was that it would be outdated
in stable already when it comes out.

Data analysis is here probably different from storage clusters or web
servers.

Best regards

Ole