Re: FOSSASIA Debian speakers and potential mini-DebConf

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 1:12 AM, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:
> The FOSSASIA conference[1] is coming up again soon, it is in Singapore
> this year, 18 - 20 March
>
> It has also been suggested there could be a mini-DebConf associated with
> the event in some way.
>
> Is anybody interested in participating in any way?  The call for
> speakers[2] is still open.
>
> They also indicated they are unable to fund speaker travel, is anybody
> aware of opportunities for funding for Debian Developers who are invited
> to speak at FOSSASIA or an associated mini-DebConf?
>
> Singapore is one of the most successful and prominent economic centres
> in the region and this appears to be a good opportunity for Debian to
> have some exposure there.

I visited Singapore last year for FOSSASIA and my feeling was mixed (I
gave talk on different subject than Debian!). Before that, I met DD
(and other Debian contributor) and it was fun for sure.

So, if everything goes OK, I can attend (Conference doesn't provide
travel+stay to speakers).

--
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_
{kartikm, 0x1f1f}.wordpress.com