Re: Would you agree - Debian is for the tech savvy

Stephan Foley [2016-01-15 22:48:49-05] wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to characterize Debian and have the following:
>
>     Debian is for the tech savvy sys admin type and the server market
>
> Is this a good characterization or am I off base?

You have the old stereotype of Debian. The reality is different: the
default Debian desktop install gives you a normal easy-to-use end-user
operating system and applications. This has been the case for a long
time but many people still maintain old stereotypes.

Of course, Debian is for servers and technical people too.

--
/// Teemu Likonen   - .-..   <https://github.com/tlikonen> //
// PGP: 4E10 55DC 84E9 DFF6 13D7 8557 719D 69D3 2453 9450 ///