Re: Free Software

On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 04:42:02PM +0200, mrtx wrote:

> I really like Debian. I reckon it is the best distro I've ever used, for
> several reasons.
> I know Debian is by default 100% free software. The kernel is deblobbed
> and its default main repository contains only free software.

Everything in Debian main has always been fully libre as far as we've been
able to make it. That's the goal behind the Debian Social Contract and the
Debian Free Software Guidelines.

Non free things inadvertently included in the main repository are tagged as
bugs and removed when found.

Things that change status e.g. Firefox where the status has been changed at
the originator's request have been moved as they change.

This sort of thing could possibly be better asked on debian-user.

Hope this helps,

AndyC