Re: Re: Namespace question - data.debian.org

Hi,

> > Semantic URIs represent not just documents but also abstract concepts
> > and may be referenced by other datasets.
>
> I'm not sure what this actually means.  What kind of abstract concepts?
> The idea of there existing a relationship between packages called
> «Depends»?

The package is a concept, the relationship is a concept too. For more about
Semantic Web URIs:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#intro

> Assuming we use HTTP for this, HTTP redirects are a thing, so we can
> always move stuff around if we need to.

Or we could just get this right the first time. The namespace chosen should
be able to have "persistent/permanent URLs" (PURLs) defined in it. Redirects
are useful but they shouldn't be used as an excuse for messing up the first
attempt.

Thanks,
Iain.