Re: About the recent DD retirements

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Archive, mirrors, lintian, piuparts, other qa stuff, yep.

Right.

> Promotion to testing [1], maybe?

I think so; I know I personally would like to have a set of bits of R
packages which didn't change on about the schedule of a stable release.

> BTS, I somewhat don't think so?

Probably just a single pseudo-package for coordinating groups of
automatically packaged packages; if someone really wants to file more
than one or two bugs, then it's probably a sign that the package should
become a fully-supported package. [Or the person filing bugs should get
more involved and help promote it to becoming a real package.]

> NEW-esque license review seems impractical.

Yeah; for debian-r, we assume that CRAN has the license listed
correctly, and we just go from there. [Well, the awesome cran2deb stuff
does it; I just modified it and built the results.]

> Probably also wants an additional db tracking what upstream
> commit/whatever was converted to which Debian-ised version.

Right.

> [1] Oh, dude! I finally thought of a possible rename for britney:
>     pro-test as in promotion to testing.

Sounds good to me.

"You have many years to live--do things you will be proud to remember
when you are old."
 -- Shinka proverb. (John Brunner _Stand On Zanzibar_ p413)