Re: similarities between logos for CLUSTER and Debian

On 01/04/2015 at 11:41 AM, Paul R. Tagliamonte wrote:

> The debian swirl is trademarked, but freely licensed.
>
> However, this isn't our swirl. And I don't think it's adding
> confusion. If you want, you can email trademarks@ :)

Personally, I've been more confused by the swirl which is the current
Dreamwidth favicon; it's in a more similar style, and a more similar
color, it simply happens to be swirling in the opposite direction. I've
mistaken it for the Debian-logo favicon, and vice versa, more than once
while trying to find a particular open tab.

I don't think even that much similarity is enough to make it a trademark
violation, though. If nothing else, Debian and Dreamwidth are in very
different businesses. ^_^

--
   The Wanderer