Re: Software Version Issue

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 09:42:25AM -0700, PETER ZOELLER wrote:
>    Hi:
>    I have been using Debian for sometime and am happy with the distribution.

Me too :-)

>    How do I make sure that the software Debian supplies is the most current?
>    What change do I need to make to the sources list to get up to date
>    software?

Debian GNU/Linux has four releases: oldstable, stable, unstable and
testing. You can switch by changing sources.list according to [0]. Further
information is available at [1]. So, changing the branch, you'll change
also the balance between stability and newest features (see [2]).

Anyway, more detailed help will found in [3].

Hope it helps.

[0]
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-choosing.en.html#s3.1.11
[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases