Re: Reminder: Removing < 2048 bit keys from the Debian keyrings

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> writes:

> Brian Nelson dijo [Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 05:09:02PM -0500]:
>> >
>> > They have been asked. Repeatedly.
>>
>> I haven't been asked.  I've received a few reminders that I need a new
>> key with signatures, but I haven't been asked why I haven't submitted a
>> new key yet.
>
> Right. Precise definitions. You are right — Although we have been
> slowly but steadily insisting (at least since 2010, when we announced
> at DebConf10 we had removed the last 17 remaining PGPv3 keys) that
> 1024D keys were no longer considered long-term trusty and urged
> everybody to start updating to a >=2K key.
>
> But, as you are asking, you got me curious :) Why haven't you started
> migrating to a new key?

Well I have a new key but it doesn't have any signatures on it other
than my own, and I haven't encountered another developer in years to
have it signed.  I've been listed on
https://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning/Offers for years (two locations in
two different U.S. states, even) but have never been contacted for a
keysigning.

I'm not overly far from other developers--Boston is about a 2 hour drive
away--but with general busyness from having a family, I haven't found a
chance to try to meet people in Boston.  The boston-debian-soc mailing
list being down for years doesn't help, either.

It's not a very interesting story.  It's more about being inconvenient
than insurmountable.  I've just been hoping some opportunity would
present itself for an easy keysigning, but that hasn't happen yet.

--
Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.