Re: How to add avatar image to BTS?

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Andreas Tille wrote:
> ??? This statements opens more questions at my side than its answering.
>
> What I did is creating a login at
>
>    https://www.libravatar.org/
>
> Adding two e-mail addresses (tille@debian.org and andreas@an3as.eu) and
> attached an image to these.

Must be a bug at libravatar (or maybe the e-mail addresses haven't been
verified by round-trip yet?)

echo -n tille@debian.org|md5sum -|awk '{print $1}'; et al. gives:
8a84f1b37ffab292a4b2cec1b76d6185
or
3cc5d4b213b5cf0606305927d12727ab

so when

http://cdn.libravatar.org/avatar/8a84f1b37ffab292a4b2cec1b76d6185

and

http://cdn.libravatar.org/avatar/3cc5d4b213b5cf0606305927d12727ab

work, then it'll just work.

> I did not *configure* anything neither have I any idea what a
> federated libravatar service might be and in how far I would need to
> setup an extra server (since I assumed that www.libravatar.org
> actually is the server providing the images.

We actually have a fully federated setup, so something as simple as what
Sune did will work:

http://pusling.com/blog/?p=274

> BTW, I have also an image attached to my gmail address. Could this be
> used as well?

Yep; we just do it based on e-mail address with libravatar as the
fallback in case you don't have a federated libravatar setup.

There is no form of lead-poisoning which more rapidly and thoroughly
pervades the blood and bones and marrow than that which reaches the
young author through mental contact with type metal.
 -- Oliver Wendell Holmes (Tilton 1947 p67)