Re: The proper place to announce GRs (was Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?))

Le mardi, 14 octobre 2014, 10.54:19 Lars Wirzenius a écrit :
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 09:17:27AM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > If on -vote the required amount of seconds have been reached, I
> > will announce that the GR process has been sarted on
> > debian-devel-announce.
>
> Sure, and that's excellent. It would, though, in my opinion to be good
> to announce the proposed GRs even before the required number of
> seconds is reached

I disagree, because I think that the current value for K is sufficiently
low to make it part of the proponent's responsibility to make sure that
his proposal gets enough seconds. Again, we're currently talking about
finding _5_ other Debian members.

-vote is the canonical public way, asking per private mail or IRC or on
team-specific lists are other possible ways, but I don't think it's
reasonable to automatically make use of the only pseudo-mandatory
(devref §4.1.2) list for GR proposals.

A message to debian-devel-announce once the ballots are seconded enough
must stay though (as devref §3.2.3 underlines).

Cheers,
OdyX