Re: Update to reimbursement procedure (now: max 3 months after expense)

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 04:58:22PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> > /me too

> > > Also, I don't think that 3 months is unreasonable. My employer applies a
> > > two-week soft deadline, and a one month hard deadline for travel
> > > reimbursements.

> > or have it raised to 6 months. 3 month is really not that long, esp for those
> > who are too being busy due to jobs or whatever. (While within a job one can do
> > these request on job-time, so a shorter interval is more reasonable here.)

> > Also we don't want to punish those we want to support :)

> Sure. But should we punish our Trusted Organizations with reimbursement
> requests that take several months?

In what way is this "punishing" the TO?  The TOs as organizations have a
duty to disburse Debian's funds according to Debian's direction.  If a
six-month-old reimbursement request is not more difficult to administer than
a two-month-old reimbursement request, then there is no reason to impose
such a limit.

You have suggested that this is needed because old reimbursement requests
involve email archaeology.  I don't think this is a good solution to the
problem of not having good tracking of reimbursement requests.

> I agree that improving the processes (using e.g. RT) would be better,
> but this hasn't happened yet. If you want to join the auditor@ team to
> make that happen, you're welcome. But I am already spending far more
> time than I would like on financial stuff.

Assuming this is an open request for help and not directed at Sledge
specifically, I volunteer to join the auditor team.