Re: Update to reimbursement procedure (now: max 3 months after expense)

Lucas Nussbaum <leader@debian.org> writes:

> Also, I don't think that 3 months is unreasonable. My employer applies a
> two-week soft deadline, and a one month hard deadline for travel
> reimbursements.

I don't know how much this carries over to other legal systems, but in the
US these sorts of limits for reimbursement from one's employer are for tax
reasons.  Travel reimbursement from one's employer that isn't processed
within some legally-defined time period becomes compensation and the
employer then has to pay additional taxes on it.  (I forget if this is
labor or income taxes.)

Given the nature of Debian, I suspect that our travel reimbursements
generally end up falling into one of the untaxed gift buckets of money, at
least in the US, so the same reasons wouldn't apply.