Re: CoC / procedural abuse

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Don Armstrong <don@debian.org>, 2014-09-05, 10:04:
> >If anything more than a warning occurs, it is announced on
> >debian-private@, which enables Debian Developers to review the actions
> >that listmaster@ has taken, and override them via GR.
>
> Let's be frank: GR is such a heavyweight process, that it's
> impractical for overriding "small" decisions like this one.

This is by design; the people who make decisions in Debian are the
people who do the work.

> The little cynic in me says the GR wouldn't happen even if majority of
> DDs thought this ban was unwarranted. Why waste your precious time
> fighting, so that a guy you've never heard before would have the right
> to deliver bad jokes?

All it takes to start a GR is 5 DDs, and 15 DDs to meet quorum. If there
aren't 5 DDs who are willing to make the DDs, and 15 DDs who are willing
to vote, then it's unlikely that there was actually a majority.

After all, for at least the listmaster team, there are already more than
5 DDs on the team...

"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak
up for them as have no voices."
 -- Grandma Aching in _The Wee Free Men_ by Terry Pratchett p227