Re: [Debconf-discuss] Code of Conduct violations handling process

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 01:13:23PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> If a CoC complaint is made, and the decisionmakers consider the
> complaint unjustified, the complaint should not be referred elsewhere
> or escalated.  Instead, the decision (complaint considered not
> justified, no action will be taken) should be communicated to the
> complainant.

I think that could be misconstrued. For example, if someone complains
because they were called a big fat horse, and on close inspection of a
photograph that allegation has some justification, I think the
complaint, itself, is still justified.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X