Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

]] Stefano Zacchiroli

> - in this kind of "reform" discussions I find generally useful to
>   distinguish two aspects: 1) the ideal model we want to have, 2) how to
>   migrate from the current model to that. Entangling the two aspects
>   usually make the status quo win over everything else, just because
>   migration is hard.

Agreed.  I think it's important to point this out and that we haven't
conflated those issues (at least not yet).

> - more generally, I think that all Debian "core" teams (if not *all*
>   teams...) would benefit from a turnover process that requires
>   individual members to reaffirm, on a yearly basis, their continued
>   interest in keeping the role. This is to avoid that people remain on
>   the team simply for inertia, even though they have no more
>   time/interest for the corresponding tasks. It will also help
>   developers in periodically reassessing/retargeting their Debian
>   involvement, reducing the burnout risk.

We in DSA have talked about this, not so much for group involvement, but
to minimize the amount privileges people have.  Something like «mail
everybody who's a member of a team once a year, have them cross off the
groups they would still like to be a member of, GPG-sign and return».
Currently, we have things like I'm still a member of webwml, even though
I haven't done anything there for years, simply because nobody cleans
that list.

Cheers,
--
Tollef Fog Heen