Re: Why discussions don't move from debian-private

* Brian Gupta:

> Could this be addressed by a moderated "public" list, that only allows
> DDs to post?

Unless we provide just a public web archive (which isn't really
desirable for a mailing list, with restricted posting or not), people
blocked from posting will respond with their mail clients, Cc:ing
subscribers.  Subscribers will respond to these messages, causing
confusion and threads with holes.  It's not a very good technical
solution.

(I don't think the occasional discussion on -private which could be
public from the start is a real problem right now.)