Re: keybase.io

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 08:56:50PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Right. However, I guess that most uses of the app (other than sending
> a message saying "yes I'm here, this is me") will require pasting the
> key. Or not? Keybase users, please enlighten me: What do you do with
> it besides just existing on teh graph?

I'm not a keybase user; actually, oddly enough, I'm a bit of a critic
(or rather, 1990s linux user) with my friends about it (RE: private half
usage), so I've not been able to use all of it's features - I just think
Keybase was getting a bad rap.

Being on the graph is why I'm on it - so that people who do use the
keybase CLI can talk about "me" (or rather: my Key) by the abstract (and
easy to remember name) 'paultag'.

That's about as far as it goes for me, so I don't know much more, but
I wouldn't dismiss the graph as a trivial thing.

A strong network effect in the OpenPGP world is nothing but great for
us, again, even if this site isn't technically perfect (which I don't
think anyone is claiming)

Cheers,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87