Re: Prospective Trusted Organizations - (FFIS), Debian France

Hi Lucas,

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 05:41:08PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> There are three organizations that never went through that process,
> and that either we use as if they were already TOs, or they would like
> to officially become a TO: FFIS, Debian.ch, and Debian France.

> As previously announced, we (auditors, DPL helpers, myself) have been
> working on a list of features that a TO is expected to provide, or could
> provide, in order to use it as a basis for the public discussion.

> I contacted Debian France and Debian.ch and asked them to describe how
> they met those features.

> I propose to not ask FFIS to answer those questions, given they have
> been successfully handling some Debian assets for a long time (more than
> 10 years?). If nobody disagrees by the end of the two-week discussion
> period, I will officially add FFIS to the list of TOs.

While I don't think there's any question that FFIS should be one of Debian's
TOs, I think having the answers to these questions is important in order to
protect both parties, so that there's some record of what the expected
relationship is and that things don't drift over time due to turn-over
within the respective organizations.