Re: systemd bad press? score card?

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Russ Allbery wrote:
> > I think we're still in the middle of our process, which I understand
> > that a lot of people outside the project find baffling and protracted.
>
> Well, not only outside the project.
>
> The tech ctte has always operated in the past by coming to a consensus
> and then voting to satisfy the constitution's procedural requirements.

The split in the cttee on this issue makes me wonder whether the
answer is "none of the proposed systems is Correct", so we should not
tie ourselves too tightly to any particular answer just yet. That's
not to say that we shouldn't decide upon a default init system for
jessie, but rather that we shouldn't do anything that would make it
harder to change our init system to the Correct one, once the Correct
one is found/decided upon/written/...

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."