Re: systemd bad press? score card?

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 06:26:39PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Is there any page that anybody is maintaining with live updates on the
> key points people need to know (without digging through the threads)?

Good question. Out of curiosity more than anything else, I played with
digging numbers.

Bug #727708 has been opened in october 25, 2013 and has seen 1343 emails
from 139 unique email addresses, 59 of which are unknown to
contributors.debian.org. Those that the site knows, map to 77 Debian
Contributors.

For comparison, https://contributors.debian.org/ [1] already counts 649
Debian Contributors who have been active since october 25, 2013.

Although the init systems debate has for some reason[2] attracted a lot
of attention, I'd say that there is more to Debian than that, that isn't
probably getting the attention it deserves.

Ciao,

Enrico

[1] which is just having its first data sources added, and I would
    consider its numbers to be grossly underestimated
[2] my personal favourite being http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubbernecking
--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>