Re: Possibly moving Debian services to a CDN

Tollef Fog Heen writes ("Re: Possibly moving Debian services to a CDN"):
> As for the privacy concerns raised in the thread, I've had quite a lot
> of discussions with Fastly about how they operate wrt privacy. They
> don't store request-related logs (only billing information), so there
> are no URLs, cookie, client IPs or similar being stored.  Varnish has an
> ephemeral log which they go through a couple of times a minute where
> some of that information is present, but it never leaves the host
> (unless we enable logging to an endpoint we control).  I'm quite content
> with how they're handling the privacy concerns.

Thanks for looking into that.  I know that not everyone shares these
worries but I do and I really appreciate you taking them serious.
Your comments are reassuring and, speaking personally, I'm satisfied.

> In the interest of full disclosure I should also mention that I'm
> starting to work for Fastly in a few days time.  I don't believe that
> has influenced my views or judgements here.

You are of course right to mention this.

Personally I find it increases rather than reduces my confidence in
the assurances earlier in your message, and in the situation in
general.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ian.