Re: Debian services and Debian infrastructure

On 21/01/14 at 15:47 +0000, Luca Filipozzi wrote:
> And I actively engaged other DDs regarding their VPS opportunities
> (although no response so far in some cases).

Oh, that's great! I've just sent you a private mail to share my contacts.
I really had no idea that you intended to work on that, given that when we
discussed related topics in June and again in December, you showed little
interest in exploring such setups. It would have avoided some duplicate
work if you mentioned it when I talked about it in [1]:
| As you know, Amazon provides Debian with free credits on the
| AWS Cloud. Those credits are normally used for archive rebuilds, but
| have already been used by a GSOC project (PTS rewrite), and more
| recently, to start work on an archive-wide autopkgtest setup. A few more
| virtual machines could be accomodated, and I will investigate if we
| could extend that even more. Also, codesearch.d.n is hosted on
| Rackspace's Cloud[1]. I will also follow up on that.

[1]  https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2014/01/msg00010.html

Lucas