Re: Debian Enhancement Proposals website temporarly broken.

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014, Charles Plessy wrote:

> Le Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 02:54:51PM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :
> > Le Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 07:33:41PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas a écrit :
> > >
> > > assuming the content is entirely static, we could move dep.debian.net to
> > > dillon.debian.org.
> > >
> > > Would that be an option for you?
> >
> > I see that ikiwiki is installed on dillon.d.o and is used for dsa.d.o, but I am
> > not sure if the same can be done for dep.d.n, because in our case we have the
> > additional constraint that any Debian developer must be able to commit to the
> > repository on alioth.d.o and trigger a rebuild of the wiki.
> >
> > Since gcc is not installed on dillon.d.o, ikiwiki wrappers can not be compiled,
> > which rules out the use of the ikiwiki pingee plugin.  Or would you install gcc ?
> >
> > The alternatives are to stay on Alioth (and install libimage-magick-perl), or
> > host the ikiwiki somewhere else, or fall back to a simpler solution such as
> > abandonning ikiwiki and using wiki.debian.org instead.
>
> Hi Martin and DSA team,
>
> do you think it would be possible to install libimage-magick-perl on Alioth or
> to help me to mirror a git or svn repository between Alioth and
> dillon.debian.org, or shall I move dep.debian.net on a third party
> infrastructure or a wiki.debian.org ?

Wiki.debian.org might be a good fit.

If you want to move it onto static/dillon, we can also do that.  Just
state your preference.

If you decide you like static:
  - we'll make an /srv/deb.d.n tree
  - can you provide a metapackage (snippet) and/or patch against
    http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=mirror/debian.org.git;a=blob;f=debian/control;h=8beb53a995e57e2cc9a719ec5f705b1a914a780d;hb=HEAD
    so we know the depdencies of the deb.debian.net build process.  Just
    because something is already installed don't leave it out.  Maybe
    you want to (partially) copy the -dsa.d.o one.
  - As for getting the data onto dillon, can't you just clone/checkout
    the git/svn tree there?

Cheers,
weasel