Re: a SIP or XMPP service for debian.org

Hi,

On Sun Dec 22, 2013 at 10:44:08 +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> I've started a wiki on this topic, it provides a detailed plan from
> start to finish:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/UnifiedCommunications/DebianDevelopers
>
> As one of the leading free software projects and given Debian's
> particularly outspoken attitude that we do not rely on third party
> "free" services there are compelling reasons to try and finally
> implement this entirely using our own packages and infrastructure.
>
> * do people generally agree with it?
>
> * would the DSA team be willing to provide and support the underlying
> infrastructure for this or have it on any existing servers?

zobel@kvasir ~ % ldapsearch -LLL -x -H ldap://db.debian.org -b ou=hosts,dc=debian,dc=org '(host=cilea)' purpose
dn: host=cilea,ou=hosts,dc=debian,dc=org
purpose: voip.debian.{net,org}

zobel@kvasir ~ %

For more details, please contact Phil Hands.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster