Re: Google contacting (harassing?) new DDs

Hi Enrico,

Quoting Enrico Zini (2013-12-10 18:02:27)
> it looks like as soon as one becomes DD, an email arrives from Google
> recruiters.
>
> I understand that some people may find it interesting, and some people
> find it annoying. My experience with just ignoring their email was
> that I was contacted again.

My experience with with Google recruiters is that they contact me again
no matter if I ignore them: When I let them run their sales pitch on me,
I make it clear that I want to work from home - both initially where
they generally don't pay attention to it and at the end, where they
either give up or kindly report back later that they cannot satisfy it.
I then insist that they note down my preference of working from home,
they promise to do it, but nevertheless I have been contacted numerous
times from "Google".  Some have explained that they work on _behalf_ of
Google but don't have any notes from others contacting me in the past
because really is different agencies.

> I am toying with the idea of contacting companies with aggressive
> recruiting policies like Google asking them to please leave us in
> peace, and offering instead to maintain a wiki page of recruiting
> contacts for companies that like the taste of DD blood. Something
> like:
>
> These companies consider Debian Developers as especially interesting
> people to recruit. If you are a Debian Developer and looking for a
> job, you can reach them using the contacts below:
>
>   Google: <foo@google.com>
>   Facebook: <bar@facebook.com>
>   Amazon: <baz@amazon.com>
>   Canonical: <gnu@canonical.com>
>
> and so on.
>
> Comments?

No doubt they'll be happy to get such free promotion on our wiki, but I
doubt their agencies will stop harassing us in return.

 - Jonas