Re: Please update the DSA delegation

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 03:53:42PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2013-12-05 03:32:19 CET]:
> > In most cases, well-functioning teams will make non-controversial
> > nominations, and the DPL will accept them without question.  But that's
> > *not* the same thing as the delegation being a "rubber stamp".

>  Maybe I get you wrong - and maybe you got Lucas wrong - but are you
> implying that Hector is a controversial nomination?

No, I am not.  I don't have an informed opinion on whether Hector should or
shouldn't be made part of DSA; I was only responding to Joerg's
characterization of the delegation process, which implied that the DPL is a
figurehead who didn't need to be consulted before changes were made to
delegated teams.  I.e., Joerg's description is problematic not for how it
handles the controversial cases, but for how it handles the
non-controversial ones.