Re: Can CC BY 2.0 be upgraded to 3.0 ?

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:46:38PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Dear FTP team,
>
> I found #675435 where it was written that CC-BY-SA-2.0 was not suitable
> for Debian, and now I am confused.
>
> Could you let us know your position on the possiblity to accept CC-BY-SA-2.0 by
> upgrading it to 3.0 through its clause 4b ?

I missed this thread until I stumbled on a bug.

4b applies to derivative works only. Underscores mine.

/
| You may distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly
| digitally perform a ____Derivative Work____ only under the terms of this
| License, a later version of this License with the same License Elements
| as this License, or a Creative Commons Commons license that contains
| the same License Elements as this License (e.g. Attribution-ShareAlike
| 2.0 Japan).
\

As such, no. This has resulted in a few REJECTs. Folks who have uploaded
2.0 as 3.0, don't keep doing it. If it made it through NEW for some crazy
reason, please file a serious bug on your package and CC the ftpteam.

Have a nice weekend,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>