Re: Debian companies group

On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 09:07:22AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> But there are other ways for business entities to help Debian. I can
> think of at least two:

Just off the top of my head, two more:

- OEM work to have Debian pre-installed on machines available on the
  market

- certification "lobbying": back when I was DPL I've spoken a number of
  times with companies interested in proposing Debian to their
  customers, but unable to do so because Debian is not $foo certified

Both kind of activities are not particularly suitable for volunteers,
because they're definitely not fun / exciting tasks to spend your
volunteer time on. On the other hand, they are activities that, if
pursued, would benefit the Debian ecosystem, and around which companies
can expect to find sustainable business models.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .