Re: Paths into Debian

Hi Jose,

Quoting Jose Luis Rivas (2013-08-24 02:34:28)
> I think we have missed opportunities to bring more people into Debian
> like not taking enough attention into support Raspberry Pi. [snip]

That may seem a constructive point, but please read
https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi before continuing.

> As well as not adapting easily enough to how other people does stuff.
> We all love APT, but is not the only way to do stuff. Some communities
> like the Node.js handles their own packages in a different way [snip]

Debian includes a slew of "local package managers", for users wanting
Debian only as core system, with different package management on top.

I suspect your issues with Node.js instead are tied to Node.js and NPM
not shipped with Wheezy and lacking behind even in testing/unstable.
Those issues are IMO off topic for this thread.

 - Jonas