Re: Survey of new contributors -- results

On Wed, August 7, 2013 21:52, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> 22/37 were sponsored as part of a team
> 10/37 had a friend or colleague sponsor them
> 5/37 were sponsored as part of debian-mentors
>
> Other things mentioned (once):
> - sponsored by the previous maintainer when adopting a package
> - sponsored by an Ubuntu MOTU who is also a DD
>
> | It seems that your best luck, if your package does not fit in a team,
> | is to find someone close to you (friend/colleague) that will make the
> | upload... That's quite sad!

I'm not following why these numbers would be "sad". People are apparently
finding collegues or friends to sponsor them, which seems great, not sad.
At work we sponsor non-DD's regularly and this is always a positive
experience.

I think it's acutally encouraging to read that most people do not need
debian-mentors but found teams, friends or collegues to work with them.
Such longer-standing relations are, in my opinion, better than the one-off
sponsoring that happens on d-mentors.

Thijs