Re: A Debian contributor StackOverflow

On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 11:18:27AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> The Shapado software seems a little bit clunky (the formatting is weird in
> Iceweasel, it won't let me save a photo in the profile, and every edit to
> the profile apparently requires changing my password, which is weird).
> But the basic functionality seems to be there.

Right. Let me add as a shameless plug that the service is in dire need
of volunteer admins that help with the setup (shapado configuration,
themes, etc.) and also keep a link with upstream development to discuss
our needs, cherry pick patches, etc.

Once that basic level of service is assured again, the service could
also use some publicity/buzz, to actually encourage the formation of a
more active support community there --- for the people who are fond of
the StackOverflow-like approach.

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .