Re: Copyright arrangements for a web project

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 02:44:19PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> * Personally I'm an AGPLv3 proponent.  The system ought to be suitable
>   for AGPLv3 provided that its submodules are AGPLv3-compatible (and
>   if they aren't, then we can probably write a licence exception).
>   (The main program I'm thinking of here is a Ruby on Rails
>   application.)  What are people's feelings about AGPLv3 ?

I am fine with the stated purpose of the AGPLv3, however I do not think the
actual implementation is compatible with free software.

There have been no official clarification how the AGPLv3 is supposed to work in a lot
of situation and how it is compatible with the plain reading of the license.
Without them, I am wary of declaring the AGPL a free software license.
There is a world of difference between the actual text of the AGPLv3 and how it
is advertised.

But it is probably not the right venue to discuss the AGPLv3.