Re: Result of the Code of Conduct BOF at Debconf [and 1 more messages]

For clarity:

Op 15-08-13 11:48, Ian Jackson schreef:
> I think the existing draft is far too long.  I'd like to propose
> something much shorter:
>

> Debian code of conduct
> ----------------------
>
> Debian expects everyone to help keep our community welcoming and fun:
>
> * Be respectful.
>
> * Assume good faith.
>
> * Help to foster a diverse and friedly atmosphere.  See Debian's
>   diversity statement.
>
> * Let someone else have the last word rather than prolonging an
>   unconstructive conversation.
>
> * Disagreement is healthy, but it is no excuse for poor behaviour, or
>   personal attacks.
>
> We will not tolerate bad behaviour.  Complaints may be made to:
>  owner@bugs.debian.org for the bug system
>  [something about irc]
>  [something about planet]
> These complaints should be made privately.

It has always been my intention to have the section headers in the draft
that I'd sent around be normative, with the text in between be
"explanations"; people who read the titles (and skip everything else)
should understand at a basic level what we expect. We may wish to make
this clear through markup.

As stated in my other mail, I do think the "Medium-specific" section is
redundant and should probably go, but I'd like to see what other people
think first. Other than that, I did try to reduce the length of the
explanations somewhat, in accordance with your suggestion in this mail,
but am reluctant to throw them out entirely.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/