Re: OpenPGP keysigning: alternate encodings for fingerprint exchange

Hi!

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> I think that hexadecimal is a fairly poor pre-encoding for information
> exchange via data to speech and speech to data engines (aka voice boxes,
> brains and fingers). Reading out and typing long strings of hexadecimal
> digits at OpenPGP keysignings is tedious and annoying.

  What I currently fail to see is, how we would securely agree on a
wordlist. Hex Digests is a somewhat canonical representation with an
mapping between bits and hex digests that is -- hopefully -- immediately
clear to the user. When using such a word list it opens all kinds of
possibilities to silently alter some of the wordlists participants
download.

    Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer