Re: KickStarter for Debian packages - crowdfunding/donations for development

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> I am very concerned about motivations of Debian project volunteers
> being distorted by money so I would suggest only allowing donations to
> Debian as a whole or directly to individual upstream projects.

I agree. It would add a whole new dimension to NMU'ing, orphaning,
adopting, and salvaging packages with a large user base. For example,
currently most people would probably happily accept co-maintainers even
if they're confident that they could do the work alone -- but what if
adding a co-maintainer means that a potential stream of personal revenue
will be cut in half?

Best,

   -Nikolaus