Re: Debating difficult development issues in essay form

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 12:06:57PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I really like this idea.  The only problem I have is: How to know in
> advance whether a debate might concern a "difficult development issue"
> or not.

I don't think there's any need to define criteria for when writing
essays are warranted. If any participants in a discussion want to
write some, they should go ahead.

The topic at hand does not need to be "difficult". Even completely
friendly topics with only one viewpoint can benefit from getting written
up in long form, so that all the aspects are captured on one place.

> Considering this would you agree to turn [2] into a Debate or would
> you apply further creterions for this?

The important part is not whether something is listed on the Debate wiki
page or not: that's just a technicality. The important part is that it's
clear to everyone what the current rough consensus of something is. Your
wiki page for Uscan improvements seems to capture that just fine.

--
http://www.cafepress.com/trunktees -- geeky funny T-shirts
http://gtdfh.branchable.com/ -- GTD for hackers