Re: Generation of FOAF profiles for all package maintaines (POC)

Hi.

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:

> Quoting Olivier Berger (2013-02-15 16:24:33)
>> Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:
>> > In your personal foaf.ttl file you state that not you but your
>> > Debian account is contributor to your packages.  That seems wrong to
>> > me.

SNIP

> Something like this seems logical to me (i.e. wrapping in holdsAccount):
>
> <http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs#project>
>     doap:name "Debian cdbs packaging" ;
>     doap:description "Maintenance of the cdbs source package in Debian" ;
>     doap:homepage <http://packages.debian.org/src:cdbs> ;
>     doap:homepage <http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs> ;
>     schema:contributor [
>       a foaf:Agent ;
>       holdsAccount [
>         foaf:accountName "Jonas Smedegaard" ;
>         foaf:accountServiceHomepage <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=dr@jones.dk>
>       ] ;
>     ] ;
>     a admssw:SoftwareProject .
>
> That expression only says that the person contributing to the project
> has such account, not that it was through that account the contribution
> was made - but I believe that is a shortcoming of the schema (and that
> it is plain wrong to break logic to achieve it).
>
> NB! Beware I am no expert on this: be sceptical, please!

Thanks for this suggestion. I think it makes sense :-)

Here's the way I plan to have the PTS do the things now (excerpted from
my locally generated cdbs.ttl - corresponding change committed on
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/obergix/qa.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master):

<http://packages.qa.debian.org/cdbs#project>
    schema:contributor [
      a foaf:Agent ;
      foaf:name "Jonas Smedegaard" ;
      foaf:account [
         a foaf:OnlineAccount ;
         foaf:accountServiceHomepage <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=dr@jones.dk> ;
	 owl:sameAs <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/dr%40jones.dk#account>
      ] ;
      owl:sameAs <http://webid.debian.net/maintainers/dr%40jones.dk#agent>
    ] ;

This makes a link with the FOAF profiles produced on webid.debian.net
while not relying too much on it.

There's still the issue of reconcialiation of several addresses of the
same maintainer, but one step at a time...

Note that compared to your example, I've put a foaf:name instead of the
account's accountName (which, in webid.debian.net, is the email).

Any comments ?

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER