Re: authoritative list of DFSG-free licenses

Le Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 05:15:54PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :

> According to this thread, we got at least two (Ian, MJ, not sure about
> Charles). After DPL-retiring :-), I'll be happy to help too. I guess the
> natural next step is subscribing to debian-dak@lists.d.o. Please do,
> everyone, if you're interested in helping with this.

Hi all,

I am already subscribed on debian-dak@lists.d.o, where I can behold Ansgar
Burchardt's impressive work on dak :)  For IRC, I would prefer to avoid it,
because I am not in the same time zone as the members of the FTP team, and
because I have difficulties to follow instant messaging and do something else
at the same time.

I would be interested to start by documenting the Creative Commons licenses.
When I encounter a work under CC BY 2.0, I have a hard time explaining Upstream
why it is strictly necessary to upgrade it to 2.5 or more for their work to be
distributed in Debian.  What are the crucial changes that made CC BY 2.5 Free
while CC BY 2.0 is non-Free ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy