how to install scanner on my Debian

I have been a user of Debian for about half a year and generally speaking the whole process on installing this system did not cause me a lot of problems, hovewer some minor problems, as usual, had to appear. There is one problem I do not how to cope with, namely my old scanner MUSTEK 1200 which I have not been able to install successfully on my Debian so far. I have been trying to find a solution to this problen on the Internet, but nothing interesting has been found. I would be very grateful if you would send me some suggestions concerning what I can do to install my old scanner on my beloved Debian version 6.0. I would like to ask you when an official and stable version of a new release od Debian will be published.
I am looking forward to your reply.
Yours faithfully
Dariusz Kufel from Poland.

--